What did you do for your 10th wedding anniversary?

Today is our 9th anniversary and my husband and I were talking about doing something special for our 10th. I thought about a surprise trip to Germany but I don't think we will be financially able to do it since we would really like to pay off his car note by next summer. Anyways, what did you do for your 10th wedding anniversary?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• We had a great night planned, but when we were leaving, the air conditioning went out on my car. It was about 105 degrees and there was no way we would make it into the city, so we spent half of our 10th at the car dealership dropping off the car and then the rental car place getting a rental car. When we finally left for our evening, one of the stop lights were out and we stood in traffic for half an hour. We finally went to our favorite restaurant, way way way late, and all sorts of frazzled. I told them what happened, and they were so cool. They got us a table, were super nice to us, and then brought us Tiramisu with "Happy 10th Anniversary" spelled out in chocolate sauce on the plate.
    It was such a bad night that it was sort of funny.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• We went to Outback Steakhouse
    this year is our 12th

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My mom got us a $50 gift card to Outback. We plan on using it next week when he gets time off.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Unfortunately, NOTHING! We never put our relationship first. We were happy about it but never got a sitter or anything. My hubby would love a surprise trip more than his car payed off though lol. You can do that anytime.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• We celebrate 6 years on Saturday, however, for our 10th we're hoping to go to Vegas. The boys will be 6 and 4 so we're hoping they'll be happy to stay with grandma and grandpa! =)
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Our children were young at the time, so we got a babysitter and went out for dinner.  But my husband gave me a diamond eternity ring and an exact duplicate of my wedding bouquet which I had pressed and framed.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• KJohnson, we live in Las Vegas, if that gives you any idea of the fun night we missed out on when our 10th went wrong, LOL.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• nothing special,my MIL was in Hospice didn't feel "right" to celebrate
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 9:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• We went to a Japanese Steakhouse, shouted "banzai" when they took our picture lol. Then went back home to my brand new 4 month old lol. Now our 20th is approaching soon, hope to do something a little more romantic and a lot more alone lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I received a Mother's Ring; a box of chocolates; a bouquet of flowers and we went out to dinner without our boys to Grand Rapids Brewery Company(I believe that is the name--this is where we went for our first date) and then rented a motel room; we celebrated our 13th this year
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2011