Can thrush medication make a baby sleep more than usual?

I know it can cause vomiting but am not sure about drowsiness. My baby girl has been eating much less when she nurses and has been wanting to sleep more. I've actually had to start pumping to relieve some of the pain of engorgement.

ours

Asked by ours at 9:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't see how thrush med could have any affect on her sleeping more & eating less, unless it is that the thrush was causing pain which is now gone--if you've ever had a yeast infec, you know that can be BAD! Keep pumping, in no time at all, she should be hitting a growth spurt & want more to eat!
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 9:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It's probably the lesser amount of calories that is making her sleep more. She'll be o.k., babies eat on instinct, and they are very resilient. It'll pass, she'll pick it back up. Good time to store extra milk in the freezer and if you get worried about it, call doc! :)
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• How old is she? If you are changing less wet diapers, It worth calling the doctor about.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• She's 4 weeks old, will be 5 weeks on Friday. I think that it may be a growth spurt. Last night she wasn't interested in eating for more than 5-10mins before she fell asleep and refused to wake up. Then she'd be up 3hrs later on the dot for another 5-10mins eating session. She usually sleeps 6-7hrs for the first stretch of night sleep, then another 3-4hrs for the second stretch, so this is definitely different. Yesterday during the day she was sleeping much easier than usual even though she's been eating a lot less. I thought babies were supposed to eat more while they're growing though?
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2011