Is it ok to wait to tell?

I have 3 kids ages 10, 4 and 2 and they dont know yet that they will have another sibling in less than 8months. Is it ok to wait? I am surprised the oldest hasnt said anything since she has been through this already. I'm not feeling sick nor am I feeling more hungry, i feel fat and sometimes happy others sad. When is a good time to start telling them another baby is coming?

maeliz624

Asked by maeliz624 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i told my family and my son when i was 12wks along. that way the risk of losing the baby was over.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would say soon. I think it is important to get them ready for the change that is coming in their life. I understand waiting til you are ready to tell everyone though cause once you tell children something like this they will tell everyone.
    sweetpea_mama

Answer by sweetpea_mama at 9:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• that is very true, the min i tell them whats going on the whole 4th grade will know.
    maeliz624

Comment by maeliz624 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• For us we told them right away but really that is completely a personal decision of when to tell them. Some people wait until the chance of miscarriage is lowered. I have had a late term miscarriage and realized that I needed the support of everyone so we tell everyone right away and then if something happens they are there to support us. But in the end it is really up to you and whatever you feel comfortable with .
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Well keep in mind that if you tell the kiddies you have to tell everyone else too. (Kids aren;t very good at secrets) I would not feel bad I would wait until you are ready. Most people wait until they are in the second tri-mester before they tell people. This is when the rate of miscarriage goes down. I am newly pregnant and have a 2 year old and will wait a while to tell my family probably 5 months or sooner if I start to show.
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 16, 2011