31 weeks and possible pre-eclmpsia

i went to my doctor yesterday and she found protien in my urine and was concerned about my vision changes. but my blood pressure is not elevated, however, i am very swollen. she is having me pee in a jug for 24 hours and then get blood work done. has anyone else had this? is my baby going to be okay? how do i keep from ripping my hair out with stress until i get results back?

whitneyw90

Asked by whitneyw90 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just relax, the stress is not good for the baby and to keep from stressing try to keep in mind that you have to be relaxed for baby. Basically your doctor just wants to keep a close eye on you and baby to make sure that it doesnt develop any further if possible. With my daughter I had high blood pressure and they did ultrasounds at all my visits towards the end just to make sure that everything stayed ok.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia at 39 weeks and everything turned out great...baby is here and healthy. My only symptoms were splitting headaches and HIGH blood pressure (180/120).

Your baby will be fine because they are keeping an eye on your possible pre-eclampsia. It sounds like you're in good hands!

In the meantime, pump up your protein! SERIOUSLY pump up your protein. Take in 1/2 gram of protein daily for every pound you weigh. (I followed a high protein diet suggested by my midwife, and that's how we managed to stay pregnant until term).

Hugs
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I had to do the pee collection but my water ended up breaking before the 24 hrs was up.. I had my DD @ 37 wks.

As long as u are being treated for it and they are keeping an eye on you.. you will be fine and so will your baby :) like said above.. it sounds like you are in great hands :)
    best of luck mama .. and try and not stress it is not good for u or the baby :)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2011