What is so bonding about breastfeeding?

This is not meant to cause drama. I really want to know what makes breastfeeding such a bonding experience for some women. To me, it was just feeding my baby.... I guess I'm not much of a mommy... =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• OMG lol thats funny how Marlye got caught being anon.
    well I thought the same as you until I lost my milk supply and after a few weeks finally he latched on and fed for like half an hour.. omg I couldn't believe how close I felt to my baby. Ugghh I so wish I could've breastfed longer.. he has reflux =(
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 12:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I never felt the bonding until AFTER I weaned...Then I felt horrible and sad. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• So then maybe I'll feel it? I just feel awful cuz these mommies talk about how close they feel to their baby when they bf but to me it doesn't feel any different than if I were to bottle feed him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Is this Marlye?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• HOLY CRAP how did you know???? Dammit one of the few times I post anon and someone calls me on my crap. Yeah It's me. I've been having some mixed feelings. I love bfing. I know I'm giving the best for my baby but... I just don't feel the bonding that everyone is talking about. I LOVE my son dearly. It'll probably hit me when I wean him.

HOw did you know!! =o
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• LOL I was just guessing.. I always try and guess who the anon posters are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You.... Lol good call!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:57 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I bottle fed my first 4 kids. I always wanted to breastfeed but I would eventually give up. Now that I am breastfeeding my last baby I can really see the difference. I think for one, you spend alot more time with them. With my other ones, other people were always there to give them their bottle, and then they got older and would just hold it themselves. I think you tend to make more eye contact, and they learn faster because they are being held alot. I don't know. I guess everyone is different. It is hard at first, but what keeps me going is when I am feeding her, and she stops to smile at me. I can tell she is smiling because of the twinkle in her eyes and then I pull away, and sure enough there is a big ol grin on her face. Lol. And now a days, I know she is hungry because I get her to hold her and she suddenly lays down in my arms so that I can feed her. Yeah, it probably will hit you when you wean him.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 2:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• geez my answer was long. sorry.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 3:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I admit, I didn't have the same bond with my second as I did my first. I breastfed my first, bottlefed my second (but because of the guilt, I later relactated and gave him bm from a bottle but still didn't feel it). It's just one of those mother nature things I guess.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 3:19 AM on Dec. 12, 2008