Ok i just spent like hmmm 40 dollars

ok i just spent like 40 bucks on a bottle warmer that is a peice of crap and slow then a bottle/nipple sterilizer bc i thought microwaving my babys bottle could make him sick due to bacteria or something not to mention burns well turns out he didnt get sick for this reason thank god actual not even sick just milk intolerance and all his symptoms went away when i switched his formula. Well now im debating on taking this stuff back bc one when i microwaved my babys formula i was extra careful and only microwaved it to room tempature and i shook it up and tested it on my wrist b4 i gave it to him and it was fine. secon the bottle warmer is crap and takes way to long and stinks and third i have very very very hot water from my sink im talking 3 degree burn hot lol and its been proven u dont need to sterilize bottles except first time and i did. i wash them with soap and water. shoud i take this crap back? no disresepect to anyone out there who rather use this stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For me it would depend on how many time you used it. If you used it once and it did not work then I would take it back. Although I am not for heating a bottle in the microwave. We always heated water and then placed the bottle in that or. And you are right about not having to sterilize every time but they say you should boil them the first time around.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes, take it back. You don't need it. All I ever used with all four of my kids was hot, soapy water after the first sterilization.
    Javagirl1118

Answer by Javagirl1118 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Agree with melborni,, you could always donate it to a women' shelter where they might not be able to use a kitchen all of the time/.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• honestly if you have a dishwasher just put them on the top rack and run on the light cycle.....and keep a jug of filtered water at room temp or boil some on the stove and but the milk in that .....so i vote taking the crap back
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Bottle warmers are crap. Who has that kind of time? I just mixed the powder with room temp water for each bottle. No warming required.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• lol taking it back it is
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I always just washed my bottles in hot, soapy water by hand, after sterilizing them before the first use. And I mixed the powdered formula with water I kept at room temperature and baby didn't mind, that made it much easier to just have her used to room temperature so I never had to worry about heating when we were out and about. It was easier at night, too, if I had to make a bottle. When we were out I just filled the bottle with the amount of water I needed and measured the powder out separately and then I could mix them to make a bottle whenever I needed it.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Uh, how can you take it back when you've used it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i think i can take bottle warmers back just not breast pumps and stuff like that bc it comes in direct contact with bodiley fluids.not to mention its a type of sterilizer bc it has to boil to make steam to warm bottle up , so if i cant take it back im gonna be mightey upset when the steam sopposivley kills germs same for the bottle sterilizer. So it wouldnt really make much sence bc i took other stuff back that i have used b4 so idk i guess ill see lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2011