Have you ever willingly gave up custody of your child(ren)?

How did you come to the decision and deal with it without wanting to die? I am sure it is the right thing for my family, my children have much more stability and support with their dad. I just can't get over thinking that moms just don't do this.... and I know that isn't true either. So, how did you do it?

Javagirl1118

Asked by Javagirl1118 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I haven't done this but I think it is a mom instinct that you want whats best for your kids. Even if it is with someone else. Hugs momma do whats best but take the time to really think it through.
    sweetpea_mama

Answer by sweetpea_mama at 9:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My mother and I have taken care of these children. (our family members children) There mothers are usually at their very bottom, to say the least. In my expirience they have good intentions about getting on their feet and coming back for their babies, but rarely do.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 10:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes, I have. My youngest son was having some major issues, and Dad and I made the decision for him to stay with his Dad. It wasn't an easy choice and everyone that I worked with, knew I had a hard time before and after the fact. We did what we thought was best for our son.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 11:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2011