VERY WORRIED!!

Well, for the past week or so, ive been having horrible cramps... They feel like i am on my period and they are more frequent when walking or using the bathroom. I dont think theyr braxton hicks contractions because of how they feel, but i dont think its labor? im a first time mommy and my friends who have kids are PIONEER women who think that pregnancy should be painless. They think i should continue on with whatever im doing even if it causes pain! But, as the contractions are getting worse and more together, i get worried and try to wait it out. HELP! im 31 weeks!

rach.s92

Asked by rach.s92 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you?
    sweetpea_mama

Answer by sweetpea_mama at 9:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• 31 weeks!
    rach.s92

Comment by rach.s92 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Call the doctor
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• thnx!
    rach.s92

Comment by rach.s92 (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• if you are worried i would just go to the hospital just to make sure the baby is ok and not in distress b/c im a mom of 2 nd i didnt hesitat to run to the hospital if i felt something wrong so i would just go and all they can do is say ur having the baby or send u home but they will do a through check to make sure the baby is ok
    mysteve2011

Answer by mysteve2011 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Are you counting? Remember the 5-1-1 rule: 5 min apart, lasting 1 min each for 1 hour. Time from the begining of one contraction, to the begining of the next one. If the are 3-5 min apart, call your doc. He/she is the best person to help you. :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 10:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i had contractions with my second son, that i consider now to have been warning sign that i was over doing it...too much stress and too much physical activity. my son was born at 32 weeks. i had no idea that the tightening of my belly were contractions or rather warnings to stop. listen to your body. stop when you are having the contractions. breathe, relax, lay down and drink some water. i wouldn't wish a preemie on an enemy.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i was feeling the same way and i went to the hospital and they just said i was dehydrated. so that may be it as well.
    AshleighAnne

Answer by AshleighAnne at 12:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I was always told if your whole stomach gets really tight, you have to stop what you're doing, and the 5 minutes apart rule for an hour it's "real" or time.... You are only 31 weeks though.... how long does it last or how often is it?? Also, have you drank much water today?? I started having contractions once b/c I was dehydrated (I was really sick). :(
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 3:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• im not sure exactly what was going on, but i never went to the hospital. I was so exhausted by the time i got home after a long day, I had a migraine and things were horrible. I didnt feel like sitting up at the Er all night unless there was blood. Since i got some rest and ate, the contractions arent as bad. The only thing that hurt like hell last night before i fell asleep was the sharp pains that were going down my back and in my vaginal canal. I waited them out and eventually fell asleep. I know that the well being of my baby is more important than how I feel, but she started being active by the time i wasnt, and i was a little reasurred. But today if anything goes wrong i wont stop to think about how i feel!
    rach.s92

Comment by rach.s92 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2011