HELP!!! My 4 year old is out of control!!!!!

I am in desperate need of help! My 4 year old doesn't listen to anything my SO or I say. Idk what to do anymore. We've tried time outs, spankings, taking away toys, losing priviledges, and going to bed early. Idk what to do anymore. She yells at me and talks to me with total disrespect when she is mad. She tells me she hates me. The thing that annoys me most, is ANYTIME I tell her to not to do something she instantly does it. I am so fed up I find myself yelling alot and spanking alot too. I need some help, someone please give me some advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe you are trying too many things at once??? Stick with one specific punishment but more than that try rewarding her when she does good!! Even little things like saying thank you for being a good listener or asking are you being a good listener? Sometimes they just want any kind of attention they can get even if its bad. Good luck!
    Yolanda R.

Answer by Yolanda R. at 12:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree with you Yolanda, it seems you are trying to much. you need to be consistent, it does take time, Little ones will keep on testing .
    MadreMas

Answer by MadreMas at 4:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2011