Just wondering if you cafe mommas call your doc when you have a question...

this is my first baby and at first i called more often cuz of everything new and changing and it took so long to get prego... now i call maybe once or twice a month i know they say they dont mind me calling but i just dont want to ask a dumb question or something be wrong and me not have called..?

Brit0001

Asked by Brit0001 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I call to ask questions i know cant wait for an appointment. Like when I get a cold I tell them my symptoms and whats best for it.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I don't think I have every called the doctor through any of my pregnancies. I have been to the hospital due to pneumonia and bleeding but I just went in those times.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Probably more with my first. I called my mom mostly, she had 7 pregnancies and 6 babies and she is a nurse.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I should add too, that you should never hesitate to call your dr at anytime for anything they are there to take care of you and your family.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I call when I have a question that cant be answered by looking in the literature she gave me at my first appointment or something that cant wait until the next appointment. For example I have an Over The Counter Meds list so I have little reason to call her for OTC meds issues.

I always call if I feel I have an urgent need that may affect the health of myself or my baby.
    Anonymous

• I didn't call my doctor either that I recall, but I also never wanted to and didn't. I guess the need just never arose, but had I felt a need to call I would have. I sometimes feel bad to have the pediatrician call me back on a Sunday or in the middle of the night, but that's what they are there for and I'd rather call and feel silly then have a real problem and not call.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• yes.. I called them constantly while I was pregnant and now that DD is here.. I now call the pediatrician constantly lol shes 5 months now.. so I am not AS BAD lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• There is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to pregnancy. Never hesitate to ask a question about your health, and if you don't understand the answer, you should ask for clarification...

Write down your questions as they come up, and if they're not immediate, take the entire list to your next check-up... I always had at least 10 questions on each visit to my midwife--and even more immediately after our visit was over!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• With my daughter I called a few times. This time I've only called once. If I have a question that I think cant wait until my next app I will call especially since I am 5 weeks from my due date. The end of this pregnancy has been different than my first so some things are very new to me.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• well thanks glad to know im not alone on calling them
    Brit0001

Comment by Brit0001 (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2011