Does your teen not like you, or did you not like your mom when you were a teen?

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I liked spending time with my mom. We had our ups and downs but I didn't hate her.
    -Tiffany-

Answer by -Tiffany- at 12:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I didn't hate my mother, I certainly didn't like her all the time. I love my mother dearly but she, and my dad, made a lot of mistakes. My dad would go to jail, my mother wouldn't know how to cope without him and she'd lose her mind which left me and my fraternal sister to care for our six younger brothers until either my dad got out, my mom regained sanity, or the state took us away. Despite all that I love my parents and I love who I am today and I wouldn't be that person if it wasn't for them. They raised us right in every other aspect, we know respect and gratitude. We have values and we're taught pride and loyalty. During my teen years there were times when my mother and I got into plenty of screaming matches, maybe it's because I'm so much like my dad but it has gotten better since becoming an adult. It's not perfect still but I wouldn't change who my mother is.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 11:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Don't have a teen yet. But I certainly didn't like my mother very much. Still don't for that matter.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My teens think I'm pretty cool and they enjoy spending time with me and I adore them. But I didn't like my Mom at all when I was a teenager (and I'm still very critical of her "mothering" of me and my brothers and sister). We get along okay, talk on the phone, etc, but I don't admire her or look up to her.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I haven't liked my mother from the day she popped me out on! My teen digs me.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I did not like my mom when I was in high school...once I went to college we started getting along and now she's my best friend!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I hated everyone when i was a teen lol but i was passed around my family like the plague my whole life and was on my own by 16.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 10:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I have said if my teen is not mad at me once and a while I must not be doing a good job as a parent. There were many times I did not like my mom when I was a teen, I guess she did a good job as well. The teen years have been the worst for me. He is now 17 and getting much better, thank goodness.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• There were time when my son didn't like me very much (when I laid down the law), but thank God it wasn't an on-going thing. The same was true with my mom. There were times that I didn't LIKE her, but I loved her very, very much.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I don't talk to my mother. I don't think I've ever liked her. Shes not a nice person. She always made really mean comments about my weight as a kid, and it just ruined me a little on the inside. I was skinny as a kid, but then I got in this really awkward stage in 4th grade where I was just kinda chubby for a couple of years. It wasn't until after high school I smoothed out, but she always made me feel like I was ugly or less than human because I didn't look like a super model. She was always tall and skinny, and I guess I got my dads genes and was short and chunky. Shes just a mean person. None of my brothers talk to her either because shes either made them feel like shit, or told them that they are terrible parents. They're great parents, better than she ever could be. I think shes just bitter because her life didn't turn out like she wanted it to.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2011