Do men who growing up lived in a home where one of both parents were adulterers end up being adulterers themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• It really depends on the individual person. My father cheated on my mother and its affected the way i view relationships. I try not to be like him so maybe some men see it the same way.
    natashafairy

Answer by natashafairy at 10:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My dh's father was married and slept with my dh's mother so she was the other woman and 8 yrs hes been faithful so i dont think its an always yes. Sometimes i think it can teach you to respect marriage because he didnt have his father in his life because of their choice.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 10:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Nope. DH's father cheated. He pretty much believes your scum of the earth if you cheat.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No my DH father was a big time adulterer & also would beat my MIL & my husband does neither, actually he is a GREAT husband, treats me with so much love & respect, devotes all his time to me, is so romantic, affectionate & attentive to me I couldn't ask for a better husband. He says that he NEVER wanted to be the man his father was that he hated the way his father treated his mother & he would never treat a women like that. So not all men grow up an adulterer just because both or one of the parents are or were one.
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I agree with natashafairy. I once dated a guy whose mom cheated, and so did his aunt who raised him for several years and he is also a cheater. He cheated on me and his current girlfriend - he even has a son two weeks older than his daughter from when he cheated on his girlfriend. However I also know both men and women who grew up with one or both parents who stepped out on their marriages and they themselves don't cheat on their spouses. One of my best friend's is a guy who has absolutely no tolerance for cheaters. He would never cheat on any girl, he's absolutely disgusted by people who cheat and a big reason behind that is how his dad not only cheated on his mom but just about every woman he was ever with. My friend loves his dad but decided at a young age he'd never hurt women the way his father always did.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 11:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• From my experience, it would seem so. But I dont think thats always the case. You are who you choose to be.
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• if the son knows the father cheated usually the son will do anything not to be like that
    so no, in fact it's sometimes the opposite
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:31 AM on Jun. 16, 2011