Someone can actually sue the President???

I just heard some people want to sue the president for taking military action against Libya without congress's permission. Holy shit....now I have heard everything. I guess some people have entirely to time, money and energy on their hands. Isn't there more important things to take care of like ummmm helping out the states that have people who lost everything in a matter of mintues...Missouri and Mississippi rivers flooding and displacing residents out of their home?? Well I guess not....

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Suing doesn't mean they actually want or expect anything out of him. Except for him to be held accountable. If he broke the law, and isn't held accountable, this would be the way to go, no? Technically, they are suing an individual, which you can do. You just can't sue, say, the US military as a whole. I think this is interesting.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Research more.  That's not "some people", it's a bipartisan group of congressmen - aka the people who the president is constitutionally required to seek permission from before going to war.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/878516/Do_you_support_this_Lawmakers_sue_President_Obama_over_Libya

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Michigan-Mom, please tell me that you didn't think that Charleston SC was 'in that general area' because, yes, he (Obama) absolutely sent in MORE troops. In fact, they got their orders a week before ANY part of it hit the news ~ while Hillary was roaming the globe and telling reporters that we positively weren't going anywhere near Libya. weren't taking part in or setting up a no-fly zone, etc. What was told to the press (and to anyone watching the news) was an outright lie.

Obama had 90 days to settle this with Congress. He was warned about it by Congress last week. This pathetic 'yes I can' is his response. Seriously, someone needs to introduce the teeny little word 'NO' to this man because it's obvious that no matter how incompetent or uninformed he is, he's never learned it. Our soldiers are little and made of plastic, and our budget is a shambles. He needs to focus on the economy ~ not blow money we don't have.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Ya, screw the constitution, its just a damned piece of paper anyway.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Its not nit picking to not allow ONE person the SOLE power to send our troops and start a WAR. By the way...this is the man who campained on bring troops HOME and has now STARTED, what?, THREE "non"war" WARS and sent our troops.....
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Thank you...I can't even begin... money's money I guess but c'mon isn't ANYone smart enough to know that there is prioritization and other things are more significant and NEED to be addressed yesteryear.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 10:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• , but those people in Libya were getting slaughtered by their psychotic dictator and at 1st, the protest was being peaceful

Of course it is quite apparent that we are helping Al Qaeda there. But what the hell we need more terror supporting countries.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Opps,I didn't read down that far, I just this topic on our local news station or more accurately read the bottom of the screen. But I do not care who is suing, I just think it wrong and some of these politicians do not seem to have their priorities in order and are nitpicking over shit who did what and why and where. Obama saw people needed help against a overbearing psychotic whi has been in power entirely too long and seemed bent on doing his version of a 'racial cleansing' or shall I say "anyone who didn't support his way of thinking cleansing".
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• He didn't start a war, there wasn't any war to my knowledge. The troops were already in that general area, he didn't send any more troops from here to there. He was helping citizens in a country that really needed help casue the person in charge was killing and murdering people cause they wanted to live in another way. They wanted basic rights that every other human wants. What is wrong with that?
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• ok...I must have read it right, I thought he didn't send troops from America to Libya, I thought he just sent them from where they may have been at, For example, they may have been at one of bases we have over there in different countrys, and that the troops came from. I guess thats what I get from listening to the press! He may have fucked up in a major way it seems, but those people in Libya were getting slaughtered by their psychotic dictator and at 1st, the protest was being peaceful. Then these people were getting shot by snipers, helicopter gunships. Also, didn't Gaddafi's men come to a funeral in one of the cities, I think it was Benhazi.(?) where several citizens were shot and killed and all they were doing was mourning the protesters?? Besides, I think the reason congress is all pissy and such, isn't Libya one of the biggest oil and gas exporters in the world??

Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 3:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2011