No sleep!! Since my son was born I haven't been able to sleep.

At first, I wasn't sleeping b/c I was scared.. first time Mom. I didn't want to be asleep if my son needed me. I started sleeping on the couch b/c I would just listen to him breathe, wiggle, whatever. (he was in our room in a cradle) I moved him to the crib at 3 mo and I thought, " Ok, nothing's happened I can rest" but still no sleep. I got put on Ambien. I love it. It works, but I have to keep going back every 3 mo for refills and I cannot sleep without it. What do I do?

CM2TX08

Asked by CM2TX08 at 3:20 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Health

• Take the Ambien....................................................................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Well yeah. I just dont want to be 80 and still taking it. I want to know why I can't sleep.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 3:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Your a mom...That's why. lol...It happened to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• LOL. I know but it's 230 in the am and I'm wide awake. I know plenty of moms who are in bed by 10pm, ya know?
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 3:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• 3:43 AM here. I sleep an average of 3 hours a day.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Ive been taking Ambien for 5 yrs. I just can't fall asleep on my own. Once I get to sleep, then I am fine and I can get up and go to the bathroom and still go back to sleep. Its just the falling asleep part. I know how it feels! I think about all the things in the world, good, bad or otherwise, go over my day, think about what tomorrows bringing....the kids, money, EVERYTHING. How can a person actually fall asleep thinking like that. I just can't shut down. So I take either the CR or the 10Mg, and go to bed. If I am out.....I freak because the sheer thought of not being able to sleep makes me not be able to sleep. Its one of those areas in life that I have to do. You do get used to it in your mind, but I have never had any withdrawal symptoms from not taking it. I don't know if that will make you feel better about it. DOn't deprive yourself. You really need that sleep.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I listen to NPR with my earbuds. So boring i fall to sleep but it keeps out all the racing thoughts.
    CocoMason

Answer by CocoMason at 12:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2008