Yest infection for a month what to do after doing it all?

A month ago I took my 15 month old to the dr for a rash on her area. Before taking her I used destin, cornstarch, vasaline, aquaphor none of those things worked. He told me it was yest infection and told me to use nystatn twice a day. I used that, but by the third week of still having the rash I took her back bc she had a really bad diaper rash due to diahirrea . Dr told me to keep her really dry let her walk around without a diaper and to put nothing on her but the nystatn. Dr told me to make sure she was really dry before putting the cream on bc if she had any moisture on the area the cream would trap it in under it and wouldn't work. A lady I work with told me to brown some cornstarch in an iron skillet and put that on her when she sleeps. That helped with the diaherra rash not the yest. The diaherra rash looked like she was burnt she had blistered that had blood coming out of them. I have a full time job monday thru Thursday and when she is not with me she is at daycare. I let her walk around without a diaper at home. We are working on the potty training, but she waits til after I take her off the chair to go potty on the floor. I don't use wipes at home I use a cold wash cloth. Daycare uses wipes. I don't know what else to do for the yest infection if that is even what it is. As of tonight she had a little bit of a rash around her booty hole. I have changed diapers and wipes. Not sure what else to do. It seems like I have done it all.I really dont need or have the money to go back to the dr. Dr said that a yest would last around a week. Well hers has been a month. I thought maybe it might be a milk issue. Any advice or comment?

feb22

Asked by feb22 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like you're doing what you can... cloth diapers, maybe? My little girl had a yeast infection but it cleared up within 2 days days using nystatn but in cloth diapers that get changed every time she pees, even if it's just a tiny bit of urine.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• no sugar. no juice. no processed foods
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I can't let her go without sugar or juice at daycare. I have already tried. They told me by state law the are required to make sure the children have a serving of fruit with every meal and if not fruit then a juice. I have asked them to put half water half grape juice for her. They said if it was up to them they would do what I wanted but the state won't let them. Sad the law tells you what is best for your child when every child is different.
    feb22

Comment by feb22 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Go to a healthfood store and get a bottle of colloidal silver. It comes in an amber colored glass bottle. Good stuff isn't cheap. Then go to Wal-Mart (or whatever store you have/shop at) and get a box of the Band-Aid brand Tefla pads. When you change her last diaper at night, soak one of those pads in silver, lay it over her area, kind of press it around a little so it sticks & stays, and drip on a little more silver. Close her diaper up around it, and in the morning just take the little pad off when you change her. Days you're home you can do it during the day too. But this was the only thing that cleared up any sort of diaper rash with my girls in 2 days (they are 9 & 8 now), and I swear on the Bible by it, no matter what kind of rash it is. I do it for myself when I have an yeast infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2011