My daughter has a fit and refuses to talk

Whenever my daughter gets into trouble or knows she has to leave grandma's, or the park she stops using her words and talks jibberish. I'm worried she will do this at school. How can i get her to stop this

spidermonkey090

Asked by spidermonkey090 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would just ignore it, dont even act like you notice it, If your able to I would just pick her up, carry her to the car strap her in her seat, Dont let Grandma try coaxing her into loving goodbyes. Let her see that acting that way gets her nothing. If this happends at home I would just walk in another room.
    MadreMas

Answer by MadreMas at 4:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• We had a problem like this with our daughter whenever we would leave the park or swimming pool. We started telling her that if she keeps throwing fits when its time to leave then she can not and will not go anymore. After a few warnings and she kept doing it, the next time she asked to go swimming or to the park we would tell her "no, you always throw a fit when its time to leave and we arent doing that anymore". After a few times of telling her no, we tried again and explained to her that if she threw a fit when its time to leave we will not come back and she knew we meant it. When it was time to leave we reminded her. She learned that if she didnt throw a fit then we would go more often. You can try this and see if it works.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2011