HOW DO U DEAL WITH AN INTIMIDATING BOSS AT WORK? adult content

I have this boss at work and his sister works there too. They r black and I am white. The male(boss) will start making remarks like,I was having a stress free day. He says that as soon as I start my shift. He has threatened to get rid of me. He talks down to me. I have been physically sick to my stomach! He works till 3 or 4 p.m. Friday I have to start at 11 a.m. He will be there so will his sister. I have also been in tears as soon as I got home. I am scared to go to work on Friday cause I know he will start his shit!!! I was thinking about making up some excuse and call off sick!! I need advice!

dancer

Asked by dancer at 10:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• i had to work with someone like this
    i put up my hands in surrender mode, and said
    is there anything im doing wrong here cuz im a nice person
    but before i did that i told my boss that she was always giving me attitude and what do i do
    she told me to confront her myself so that's what i did
    later i found out it was her granddaughter yikes! but it turned out well
    if that doesn't work try writing a letter
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Is there someone over him that you can talk to?

Also, it is time to look for another job.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• There is but,she was there today and he still pulled his crap!!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I have a boss like that, he was a fucking bastard to me while I was pregnant...I ended up taking him to HR and that failed since they took his side so one day I just snapped and get got into an argument after that he behaved with me and left his bitchy attitude at the door. I ended up going on leave early and being on it for 3.5 months so I came back refreshed. It's not healthy to be in a job like that, I used to cry every day too. Your emotional health is more important, I wish you tons of luck in finding a new job.

Oh and to answer your question, you should confront them! Let them know that they cannot walk all over you, just because he is your boss doesn't mean he can't talk to you like that...no paycheck is worth that bullshit!
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• How is your job search going?

Is there an HR person who can intervene, on your behalf?

If you have documentation/witnesses, you may have a valid EEOC claim.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• He already has a complaint against him at Oak Brook,that is the corporate office. It is for threatening to get rid of me! I don't care who they r nobody threatens my job!!! I am tired of feeling sick to my stomach before I even leave my house! It escalates to the point of panic attacks!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 7:09 AM on Jun. 16, 2011