MY daughter is 15 months and still wake in the night

My daughter still wakes about 2 times a night. She drinks a little bit of breast milk and then falls asleep. I'm ready for a full 8 hours how can I break this?

spidermonkey090

Asked by spidermonkey090 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well my kid is 14 and still wakes up too lol. Feed her something solid right before bed.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I am in the same situation with my lil girl...she is 2 years old and has gone through some back and forth stages of sleeping through the night to just recently waking up a couples of times through out the night/ early morning. UGH!!!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 10:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My daughter just turned 4 and a few months ago she just started sleeping all night long. She went in spurts. I think its just something that kids do.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• good to know i'm not the only one
    spidermonkey090

Comment by spidermonkey090 (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I finally stopped giving dd a bottle when she woke up at night. She is just shy of 22 months, and 3 weeks ago, she started sleeping through the night when I stopped giving her sippys of milk. Once I stopped, she stopped waking up. Maybe try and not nurse her at night and see if she still wakes up. The first few nights were rough, crying, waking up every 20mins, but now, it is so worth it!! :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Try to let her self soothe for a few minutes. I wouldn't let her be upset for long though, I could never do that, lol, I had to pick the kids up when they were babies and cried. If she's eating baby food or cereal, right before you put her down for the night, give her a couple of tablespoons worth of food, and see if that helps.
    FuzzybugsMommy

Answer by FuzzybugsMommy at 12:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My daughter, 18 months now and was sleeping through the night from 3 months till 2 months ago whe we started with a nanny. She wakes up saying mommy... Daddy... To make sure we're there. If we dont go in after 4 calls it goes into hysterical crying and eventually going back to sleep but waking up every hour or so there after but if we go in after the first few calls she gives us a hug from her crib and lays back down when I ask her if she's ready to lay down..... It sound easy enough to go in after a few calls but I need by uninterrupted sleep!! I really dont want her to get into the habit of us waking up in the middle of the night...... Suggestions?
    Nechamamama

Answer by Nechamamama at 1:04 AM on Aug. 10, 2011