Breastfeeding Mamas....Have you ever been surprised by the fact that YOU breastfeed?

I know thinking back before I had my daughter.. Before I was pregnant.. I don't think I ever thought I would breastfeed.. and now I do it and love it.. and am so proud of myself for doing so.. even my mom says to me all the time..." I just can't believe YOU .. are breastfeeding.. I am so proud of you " it feels good... to be proud of myself and know my mom is proud of the kinda mother I have become :) and my DH is soooo supportive of my bf'ing.. I couldn't have done it without all his support!! :)

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 10:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not really. I didn't know which was better before I got pregnant (shocking to think about now!!). I did a bunch of research, all of which supported breastfeeding, of course. So I just did what was best for my child. What I can't believe is that we survived the first 6 weeks of breastfeeding. We had SO many challenges thrown at us, and it would literally take up to 45 minutes, or even longer occasionally, to get my son to latch. Both he and I would be sobbing by the time finally latched on. It was awful, and I was so depressed. I am SOOOO glad and proud of myself that I pushed through, and we nursed for 18 1/2 months. One of the best choices I've made so far as a mom!! :-)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Can't say I was because for me it was the norm.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• yeah it was def a challenge in the beginning .. I hear ya on that ..
    I was a formula fed baby and so was my sister.. so I was never around breastfeeding..
    when I found out I was pregnant I wanted to breastfeed.. I knew it was the best thing to do :)
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Before I had my kids, I always knew I would breastfeed. I never considered the idea of formula.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011