What is the worst present someone got for one of your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• The " lawn mower" that pops those little balls around.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 3:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It wasn't my child it was my MIL's youngest daughter who is 12. For her bday her grandma got her TONS of hannah montana stuff. My little SIL hates hannah montana and started bawling and screamed "I hate Hannah Montana!!!" which was kinda uncalled for...
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:33 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I feel bad even saying this because it was definitely the thought that counts. My stepmother got my 13 yr old daughter a Bratz blanket last year for christmas. My teen has never liked bratz and she certainly wasn't into them at 13. Shes overly mature for her age. I think my 10 yr old confiscated it. I said...smile and simply say...thank you.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:12 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• well my daughters first birthday was last month and my mother had told me she say a dora tent that she wanted to buy her. i wasn't realy thrilled about it cuz she already has a dora ball pit and i am kind of running out of room for large things but i told her that would be fine (didn't want to hurt her feelings) well i went up to her house a few days after my daughters bday and she said there is bailey's present. it was not wrapped or anything and it was a potty chair. a potty chair not a tent not a toy not clothes a damn potty chair
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My MIL is the worst at this! She gets my DD's who are 14 and 17 stuff for a ten yr old. Every year they brace themselves for My Little Pony crap or something just as age sadinappropriate

salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• nothing...all the presents have been awesome. well...the slide we got for her 2nd bday, its small enough and such, but i live in an apartment, i mean she could have left it at her place in her back yard ya know?
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My 8 year old was not too thrilled when MIL got her a counting game intended for 3 year olds, so we gave it to our son who is 3, which meant 8 year old got essentially nothing. MIL has also given her Hannah Montana crap, make up, and hoochie clothes. Wait, was this question "What crappy stuff has MIL given?" I could go on and on.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:20 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• A whore doll - Bratz.
    Anonymous

• Last year my MIL got my dd a pair of pjs - nice thought, but totally wrong size! That was the only present she got from her, and MIL didnt exchange them for a different size, so they are in the closet for another 2-3 years. It really hurt dds feelings, believe me! I guess this year I will have to take MIL by the hand and show her what to buy! UGH!!
    FL_momof2

Answer by FL_momof2 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Well my grandparents got my daughter a couple different things for xmas but the one thing i can't believe they gave her was.... One of those big tall felt hats like the cat in the hat wears. It clearly said "Adult Hat" on the package. My daughter just turned one and was a 25wk preemie so like it would actually fit her much less it be something you give to a 1yr old. XD
    LilMa0308

Answer by LilMa0308 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2009