Question cafemoms...panic attack

ok earlier i really thought i had the signs of a heart attack was very scared even called doc but she said if i felt like it was to go to the er but my signs i told her didnt seem to be one...ok so i googled panic attack hello had almost every sign and it even states it could be mistaken as a heart attack..ok these are real i believe i hate that feeling and want to know if i should talk to my doc about this at my apt or just know thats what it is incase it occurs again ? thanks in advance

Brit0001

Asked by Brit0001 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, you should definitely talk to your doctor. They may prescribe you something just in case of another attack. Have you researched any stress management techniques? It's more effective to prevent the attacks in the first place than to throw pills at them, but the pills are a good last resort. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• no i havnt resarched anything on it i dont want to take pills i have had them in the past just not this bad and really didnt even cross my mind until i got home that it was just a panic attack do u have any advice on how to tell when one is coming on i was at the hair salon on my lunch break and thats when it happened it scared me so bad i didnt even let her blowdry my hair i just left had to leave asap my hubby who is very supportive and excited about the baby said o its all in your head but its not! its scary
    Brit0001

Comment by Brit0001 (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• If you think you are having a heart attack, go to the ER. If you are not having one, they will be able to tell you what it is. Better safe than sorry.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i had horrible panic attacks when i was pregnant with my first baby, it was the same symptoms as you, i would have sworn i was going to have a heart attack and felt like i was dying. my doctor said the reason you can get panic attacks more when your pregnant is because the flucuations in hormones. but you are not alone by any means, alot of people have panic attacks and have them during pregnancy. if you ever need someone to talk to that understands feel free to pm me.
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Gall bladder attacks can also mimic heat attacks. I would head to the ER during one so you can actually get answers. Then you can better deal with it from there.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• How far along are you? I started having panic attacks on tuesday... thursday morning my water broke and I had my DD on friday ..
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• im only 25 weeks...congrats on the baby though:)
    Brit0001

Comment by Brit0001 (original poster) at 8:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2011