Anyone else notice Cafemom posts are getting a bit hostel!

Yikes...I thought this was a place to come for support throughout pregnancy and motherhood and it seems that many people just like to bash others. I think I have seen less bashing on myspace...lol. I just think it is a shame, being pregnant and having a 3 1/2yo I thought this was a good place to come to vent about home life, ask for support, or laugh at myself for silly things I have done.

Anubis8733

Asked by Anubis8733 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• In all societies there are those who communicate hostility. For some it's a way of life. For others it's emotion toward the subject matter. I've learned to take it with a grain of salt. Don't throw the baby out with the dishwater. There are many wonderful women on cafemom. Treat it as though Cafemom is your garden and just pull the weeds and let the rest of the flowers blossom!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• This is a good place for all that your looking for but of course some people on here are just more hostile than others. Try joining some of the groups if your looking for support on certain things like raising toddlers or if you need to vent about stuff. Don't let a few bad apples scare you away this is a great place!!
    mmnjp03

Answer by mmnjp03 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I've only seen hostility in this category and that sort of is amusing because this is the religion group. I say let everyone believe in what they want, how they want.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I have seen hostility in more than just religious groups...it is too bad others are like that. One of these days the people who do it will realize what they did and grow up?! (maybe) lol
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I've found that here. There are plenty of places to find that on cafemom. However there are also many places where topics are touchy and people feel passionately about them. I don't mind the debates and hot topics. They make me thing lol Something I need being home with 5 kids all day ;) I will say though that when I am chatting with people I assume to be grown women I do expect a certain level of respect and maturity when disagreeing. Of course there are going to be times when people just get so involved they "lose it", that's normal imo. And when you have the number of members that you have here it's going to seem more often than what it probably is. I don't let it bother me. I know where to find the support I'm looking for and intellectual stimulation I desire as well. If someone wants to constantly be hostel it says more about them than me, maybe they have some major issues going on inside. I'm not responsible for them, only myself and how I react back.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 12:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I do bash those who bash others, so I may be adding to the hostility. I think that women who come on here looking for support should not be bashed. You can give your opinion or support without being mean about it.

I wish some people on here would just some tactfulness in their answering.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• This site often becomes cafe-justify-your-existence/parenting-style.
    Figlet

Answer by Figlet at 1:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2008