Do I get my daughter's father a wedding present?

My daughter's father is getting married in two weeks. I am not invited to the wedding, but I will be picking up my daughter from the reception. Our relationship has been strained, but civil. My daughter is 3 and he has been an every-other-weekend dad at best her whole life. She is in the wedding.

kaz22

Asked by kaz22 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• No, why would you get him a wedding gift? just because he is the father of your daughter doesn't mean you have to buy him a wedding gift, it's like if your going to get him a gift for his Birthday, get it? lol. Don't waste your money on that hun take that money & buy your daughter something nice that's an even better idea =)
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• only if you like him or if there's any friendship there whatsoever
    even if your not in the wedding, it's understandable to reduce drama
    now what you would give him might be the hardest part
    if it's too much to think about, it's not a big deal if you don't
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I don't think you have too. If you feel the need too then fine but she's three, its not like she really knows the "proper" way to handle things.

If you want to buy something for her for "their" house. Let her pick it out, IDK!

GL!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't. You're not invited and your relationship has been strained, but civil. Don't waste your money and I am sure he doesn't expect it.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Dont waste your money. an every other weekend dad. How nice. .... oh please, hunny buy your babygirl a present for looking so darn cute in her dess. Not the every other weekend father whos marrying someone whos NOT his childs mother.
    and if he gets mad about it. You should say.... Did you really expect something?
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Heavens no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Maybe help your dd pick out a gift. It would be very big of you.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:40 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• If you guys are keeping civil then I'd buy them a small gift just to be nice.
    -Tiffany-

Answer by -Tiffany- at 12:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would get something small for him, from you and dd. It's the right thing to do.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I wouldnt... and chances are he is not expecting you to.... save your money for something that your daughter needs... You have already given him the most precious gift anyone could give... a beautiful daughter....
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 2:26 AM on Jun. 17, 2011