• In the Spotlight:

Is a stomach ache part of labor?

Im only 33 weeks and my stomach hurts so bad. Theres no sharp pain or anything but it just feels like a bad stomach ache. Like when you eat spicy food and you just cant get that burning feeling to go away. But i dont feel sick at all. And when i get up and walk around it doesnt help. I can feel the baby moving around alot. I dont know whats wrong...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I thought I was gonna have to cut myself open and pull my son out ( not literally) my stomach ached sooooo bad. I thik it's just part of being "almost there!" Talk to you doc. I think you're ok though. I always hurt like above my belly but it was like indigestion and gas at the same time.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 4:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• omg my stomach hurt sooo bad i couldnt get compfy sitting,standing,walking,laying NOTHING! actually no the shower helped a little...why i have no idea but it did and it was only for a few minutes, i always got heartburn toward the end of my pregnancy but nothing compared to pre-labor, I think you should talk to your doctor or call the ER and ask them if they should have you come in they may say yes just to hook you up to a few moniters and make sure everythings okay then send you home but you can never be to save especally when your pregnant...anything can happen...hope this helps and i hope you feel better
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 4:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• call your doctor sometimes braskston hicks (false labor) feels like that sometimes changing positions helps or sometimes a warm wash cloth on your stomach helps also eating smaller meals more often helps. I use to use a mint candy to help calm it down. like peppermint lifesavers.
    Theoneandonly

Answer by Theoneandonly at 4:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• wow!! I came on here to ask the same thing!! I AM 34 weeks and my stomach hurts so bad also. TMI but it feels like I have to go #2.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 5:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Mostly it is extreme gas pains. That would be why a warm shower would help. It could be BH, but what you describe sounds more like gas or heartburn.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Ok this is happening again! It only happens at night. I dont know what it is. My stomach just hurts so bad. I have an appointment on the 22nd should i wait to ask the doctor then or what?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 15, 2008