We fought last week, it's been awkward since, and we're leaving for a romantic getaway tomorrow- what do I do?!?!

Last week we got in the worst fight of our relationship, and we haven't spent much time together since. We've just had conflicting schedules. Anyway we had a trip planned to leave for San Diego tonight.. Our friends are watching dd and we finally have some alone time (it's an 8hr road trip). The problem is as much as we kind of solved the issues, I'm afraid of any resentment and I'm terrified of arguing while on vacation. We rarely ever argue but it's been odd since the fight bc we've had no real time alone.. So I just don't know how to act normal and excited... Any advice??? I'm excited but I'm dreading the potential of a fight an don't want to accidentally instigate one..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Find some humor. It helps to break the ice after times like these. The term "make-up sex" was invented for a reason. :-) Tell him that you wanted to experience it, so are glad you got the 1st part out of the way. Just have fun and enjoy your time together.. Good Luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Make up sex is always a good start, lol But, take the time to be alone, enjoy each other. Talk, listen, reconnect. Tell each other your sorry and you love each other. I hope you have a great trip.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Just be the sweet woman he fell in love with and leave your pride at home.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• don't worry once you get there you'll be in a whole new frame of mind. just don't be fake on the drive there like pretend your having fun or fake smile or fake laugh...not saying you would but sounds like you might want it to seem more fun than your in the mood for. just be yourself and get rid of those resentful feelings before you leave so you two can enjoy each other. have him do the same. a few mai tai's and you'll be having a good ole time. plan for some sexy time too ;) have fun, SD is my fave place in the world! hotel circle is a good place to stay have fun!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'm sure once you get there everything will be fine. Hubby and I argue and stay mad at each other for a couple of days but then we do something together or something funny happens and we completely forget we ever argued at all.
    -Tiffany-

Answer by -Tiffany- at 12:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• get the ipod out and play your fav songs... sing to him... be flirty. If either of you are thinking of the fight (which he's forgotten about already) there will be no problem. This is your chance to reconnect to him and let go of the grudge even if you were right
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well hopefully that goes well you need a break =)
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2011