how can i concieve being a diabetic?

is it that hard to concieve when u have diabetes? i am about 90 to 100 lbs. overweight....and have diabetes...i just recently got diagnoses with diabetes and i want to know if there is anyone who has this noncommunicable disease and still succeed at getting preggo?

KsmydoS

Asked by KsmydoS at 8:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Health

• I know lots of women with diabetes who have normal, healthy pregnancies. You will have to make some adjustments, though, to ensure that both you and baby are as healthy as possible. I think the weight issue will actually have more to do with conception than the diabetes, though.
    amazon_jane21

Answer by amazon_jane21 at 8:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• a family member was concerned with the same thing and our doc told her to walk, eat right and she was taking a sugar pill (i will try to sound it out, I have no idea how to spell it,
    Goo K flaug) this helped her to be fertile. She was preg in about 3 months.
    Anonymous

• I've been diabetic 11 years. I was diagnosed as type 1 5 months into my first pregnancy. I have an 11 year old boy, 8 year old boy and am 30 weeks pregnant with twin girls. I havent taken any fertility drugs. So, yeah its very possible to get pregnant while being diabetic. Talk to your dr if you are concerned though.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 2:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I've been diabetic since age 3. Began pump '82. Became pg when I was 41, TWINS.
    I'm now well, they're 8y/o. I spent the last 2 mos in the hospital prior to delivery, due to diabetes, low amniotic fluid etc. I had constant medical care/weekly. It wasn't easy; however, I was truly blessed.

With the grace of God, both of my children were happy & healthy. Low birth weight, but now they're a whopping 65lbs. and normal as normal can be!!!!! They rock my world..........
    Best of luck, there's hope.
    duets

Answer by duets at 8:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2008

• You can conceive with diabetes. Work with your doctor and remember, it is not a disease, it is condition. I have a wonderful child and I have had type 2 since I was only 3 weeks along.

rosesharon

Answer by rosesharon at 12:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2008

• I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes February 25. My husband and I were ttc for 1 month before that. I took a home pregnancy test last week and it was positive. So, it is very possible to get pregnant.
    MyaLee

Answer by MyaLee at 12:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2010