Need immediate help!!! How do I get a kid to poop on the potty

We are potty training our 2 year old, we know she has to poop because she asked for a diaper, and she hates diapers. We put her on the potty 2 hours ago and she still refuses to poop. We really need some tips here.

Saria87

Asked by Saria87 at 4:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There isnt much you can do. She will start pooping on it whenever she is comfortable with it. Most kids pee on the potty first before they poop on it. Its normal
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:18 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I have a 21 mo. old who is potty trained. It took a bit for him to poo on the potty. I would sit with him and read books and occasionally hugged him to let him know everything was okay. l also told him we would play after he made poo in the potty. He then finally MADE a little poo and we MADE a HUGE HOORAY! He would only go a little bit and want to walk around and then go a bit more. Some times he would get up and down like 5 times before he was finished! It's been about 5 weeks and he will finally finish with out the up and downs.
    snuggs27

Answer by snuggs27 at 6:17 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• This is not something you can make them do. You just can't. After you have introduced the potty, and gotten them into a routine, comforted them, let them know what to expect and reassured them....the rest is up to them. Two is still pretty young. Give her time. Keep that positive reinforcement going. I wasn't even going to attempt PT my 2 yr old until he was 3. I just was sure he wouldn't get it. Well.....He did it all on his own. We just showed him what to do, didn't push and praised his efforts. That tells me that kids do it when they are ready without a whole lot of pushing from us as parents. Hes almost potty trained. He doesn't talk well, so I naturally assumed that he would be delayed in this area too. Not so. Hang in there and don't push too hard.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my daughter likes me to sing itsy bitsy spider when she poos.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Once I took the diaper away, I never brought it back. Yes, i had poop in the pants for about a week (I hate thinking about it) but he got the message. If she holds it than make sure that she has plenty of fiber and water/juice to help prevent that. If she knows you will give her the diaper, she'll wait to go. I never punished my child for going in his pants, we just cleaned it, talked about it and moved on. Oh, and I made him dump it in the toilet and flush.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 12, 2008