I just don't care!

My SO works 40-50 hours a week. Sometimes inside, most of the time out. He's a plumber/welder. I take care of our son all day. I take him to speech therapy 2x a wk, do the shopping, pay the bills, laundry, tub, etc... I cook everynight except Fri/Sat. AND I WORK 5 NIGHTS A WEEK. I expect him to clean up the kitchen before I get home. When it's not done, I'm pissed. Then he's pissed cause "I work hard, " he says. I don't think I'm asking too much, but he acts like I'm treating him like a kid with chores!! What to do, what to do?

CM2TX08

Asked by CM2TX08 at 4:19 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• Tell him to stick a tampon in it and help you out. YOU work hard all day too. One of these days have him go through a typical day doing what you do and he'll gladly do the dishes. I made my hubby take care of our son for a WHOLE day by himself so he could see what it's like and since then he hasn't thrown anything in my face. He used to say "I work all effing day while you sit around here playing with Anderz." YEAH RIGHT!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• stop nagging and getting pissed and he may want to help you out. men are crazy like that...you ask them to sweep but they dont use the dust pan and leave a pile...you ask them to take out the trash, and they dont put a new bag in. be specific with pleases and thank yous. be grateful for what he does do or trys to do.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• LOL! Mar you're too funny! Stick a tampon in it! LMAO!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 10:04 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Come home one day and sit down on the couch or whatever you like and when he asks about dinner or something being clean or needs a shirt. Tell him you "worked hard" .
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 8:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2008