Extreme couponig question!!

Okay my question is I love the show but I'm not really sure they get all of the items free. If u understand how it works can you please message me and like really break it down for me or suggest a website to help me understand how it works because ibreally want to start doing it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• i would like to as well but im not sure how
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Um, I think you mean COUPONING not COUPLING. *grin*

Do a google search for "online coupons" and it should pull up a TON of sites. Also, pay attention to the ads on the side ---> ... get your Sunday paper(s). The show should have a website that tells how they do it.

Good luck!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I personally think its crazy. Seriously, who needs 800 bottles of anti acids just because you get a good deal? I mean using coupons for things you'll actually use and need such as toilet paper or shampoo or milk is not bad but I do think that some things are a little much. And that its taking a little to far. Why do you need your house to look like a store just because you have coupons for windex or hand soap? Granted you save money but do you really need 3 life times supply of tooth brushes or chips?
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• SMG1120 ... I said the SAME thing to my husband!! He was like, but we can give it away as gifts or sell it to family members. I tried to explain that you weren't really saving money if you were buying things you really didn't use or need.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i agree if you purchase like a 40 cases of diapers and have no kids how are you saving money, you would save more buy not buying what u dont need. alot of stores where i live dont have the store members rewards saving
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I coupon but only things I need and we use on a regular basis. The only time I make a big deal about it is when for example I had 2 coupons for $3.00 off nivea bodywash and target had it on sale for 3.19 so I got it for .19 each. I HATE the extreme couponing show! It's just another hoarders show if you ask me! They have issues, they do! I try to shop smart which I can't really save us money in the grocery part as much as I like because it's mostly meats and produce but yeah, if I wanted to but nothing but junk food I'd make out! And if you haven't noticed look how those women talk to their husbands and the cashier. One lady told her husband shee was going to punch him in the face. Really! Over getting 500 butterfinger bars! What a joke! And some of them talk down to the cashier because they think they are high and mighty.
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'm waiting for coupons to start being a super pain in the butt because these extreme hoarders ruin it for everyone else. They've just now started putting limits on the coupons. What I can say is if they are taking the time to get this stuff and get it for free and donating it...way to go and not be greedy! I think that's great! But the idea of a stock pile is to use what you get not just keep adding to it.
    But to answer your question, you can find blogs and also coupons online. Those will help and of course your Sunday paper.
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Thanks for the tips and I do have to say some parts of the show are a little much but I will say I like when people do get all of the items and gives it away to help other people that have less or like the lady last night who have 2 kids that have moved out and the kids and the girls and boyfriends come over and kinda like shop at her house lol and people with big family's I can understand doing it but if its only for a small family I will agree it doesnt make senses to me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2011