What is the result of eating uncooked chicken in an adult?

My husband may have eaten some partially uncooked chicken and is now throwing up profusely, is this normal?

Lovefeeties

Asked by Lovefeeties at 5:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Health

• It's food poisoning. It SUCKS and it's bad if it's a very severe case. I got it from eating chicken that wasn't BBQed all the way. I was sick for days until I finally threw up this black stuff. Don't let him eat any dairy, it'll make it worse. Make him eat crackers and drink some kind of lemon lime soda. MAke the poor think lie down and put COLD wet cloths on his tummy, forehead, and under his armpits. That made me feel sooo much better!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:19 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• During food processing. It is normal to find bacteria in the intestines of healthy animals that we use for food. If bacteria come in contact with meat or poultry during processing, they can contaminate the food. Campylobacter, salmonella, and E. coli are often spread in this way. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that more than half of the raw chicken sold in the United States has campylobacter on it.If you have diarrhea, nausea, or stomach cramps, food poisoning may be the cause. Here you’ll find information on types of food poisoning, from salmonella to E. coli, as well as symptoms of and treatments for food poisoning
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 5:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• WEB MD.com search food poisoning
    CM2TX08

• Totally normal!! It's food poisonong! YUCK!
    amber1216

Answer by amber1216 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• yes
    CocoMason

Answer by CocoMason at 12:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2008