I know people get touchy about this but it can't help but bother me

First I'm perfectly fine with people breastfeeding in public in private it's feeding a child it's what I was raised around and my area has an 80-90% breastfeeding rate depending on where you are. So I yes I see it as a normal function even if it didn't work for me.

Ok getting to the point, Is anybody else a little uncomfortable with some of these photos people post of really close up shots of their child nursing? It seems to bug me more because of the whole it's on the internet and it's a very personal view that you would never see in normal interaction with a woman who's just feeding the baby. I mean it's fine but I really I don't need to see how well your child latches that's all.
So does this make anybody else just a teensy bit uncomfortable? I was only really thinking about it because it made my Mom a little uncomfortable and this was the woman that nursed both my brother and me till we were 2 so she's not squimish and I'm medical so it's usually hard to bug me.

Sorry if it offends someone really it's only the close up pics and I've heard this too many times yes I'm uncomfortable seeing people in small bikinis too.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes ladies, why when a woman tells you she isnt comfortable with this do you respond with huge photos of your breast?! I mean wow, really?! I think you are more childish than those poor children who will have to grow up and find a pic of thier moms breast on the internet.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 2:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I personally think it's a beautiful thing :)

kamrynlily07

Answer by kamrynlily07 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree with kyriesmommy.

And it's photo's like kamrynlily's were you see that adorable look on the babies face, or when the baby looks so content, that makes me smile and remember those looks on my own son.

I would rather see bf-ing photo;s (even in full nudity, though i never did that) becasue i don't see any 'sexuality' in it. to me, it's nurturing.
    It's the pics of women (or Men) that are trashy, sexual, and reveal too much that i find disturbing.

I'm sorry op if the pics bother you, but there are more disturbing images out there to be concerned with than one that is done in a loving, tender, nurturing act.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• This is the only breastfeeding pic that makes me uncomfortable....

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yes, I agree with Ms.Gwen. Those of you who posted photos are acting like little brats.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I've breastfed my babies, had friends breast and bottle. I don't see the need to post pics of bfing. I have found myself flipping through a friends photo album and been caught off guard by the pics of her smiling at the camera and her baby latched onto her very exposed breast. I've not been uncomfortable with it just caught off guard. You know like, oh look at the hat on the baby, look at the baby in this one and oh look, wait, that's your breast, lol you could have warned me!

lol SleepignBeautee!!! That makes me uncomfortable too!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree. It's not from seeing boob. I just feel like I'm invading a private moment between mother and child. In public, I can just avoid looking. Seeing it right on the screen up close feels like I'm gawking. lol...
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• this is totally offensive! you can see EVERYTHING!

absolutely offensive! she's totally topless!

LaughterHugs

Answer by LaughterHugs at 11:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It would be nice if in our society someone BFing, whether discreetly or not as discreet, didn't cause people to look twice or be uncomfortable. The only way for that to happen is exposure. The more people NIP and post nursing photos, with any luck, the more "normal" it will become.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It doesn't bother me. I think its sweet, and just seeing some boob isn't going to kill me any more than seeing a pic of a baby with a bottle is.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2011