No eyebrow,leg, scalp hair.

My 22 year old son who has had a full head of hair is almost literally bald. I mean he is missing patches of his hair but it is slowly thinning out and falling out everywhere!! His doctor (endocrinologist) took tests and says that there is nothing wrong and they checked his blood and didn't seem to find anything wrong. He is under a lot of stress because he has been studying nonstop for 4 years straight but I don't think I should blame this hair-loss on stress. He also isn't only loosing hair on his head, his eye brows are almost all gone! He was such a handsome young man and now he is practically bald! My husband and I are going crazy. Can anyone help? Or refer us to anyone. Our location is troy,michigan.

We will definitely go to a dermatologist but I was just wondering if anyone knew what this could be or what the cause is from :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Health

• Alopecia areata

Google that... It sounds sort of like what he has.

I would also talk to your primary doctor and ask him for other referrals. This isn't happening for no reason and I would find it hard to believe it would happen to this extent due to stress.

What kind of testing has he had done? Was leukemia ruled out?
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• marybeth has some good info there...please check into it and maybe check with docs at Henry Ford they are close to you and very good.
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 1:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Sounds like alopecia to me too. Get a 2nd opinion.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 8:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2011