I'm coughing up yellow mucus, but I don't have a runny nose. It's almost painful to cough. I've had it for about 2-3 days, should I go to the doctor?

Nenamarie

Asked by Nenamarie at 8:31 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Health

• It may be bronchitis! I would go to the dr. I had painful cough and mucus a few yrs ago. I even coughed up a hard little ball, pretty gross. The Dr said I had bronchitis AND a sinus infection.
    Dylansmomma

Answer by Dylansmomma at 9:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Sound's like bronchitis but if your wheezing it could also be pneumonia. Either way you need to get seen by a doc. Take care.
    mmnjp03

Answer by mmnjp03 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Yes, any time you cough up stuff and your chest is hurting it's a good idea to go to Dr. to just get checked out. Hope you feel better!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• yes, it could turn into pnemonia. try to cough up as much as you can. i know it hurts, but thats what my doctor told my husband.
    amanru8

Answer by amanru8 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Yes! Go the Dr. and get Biaxin! YOu have brocitus or form of phemonia...I go through this about Every 3 months rain or s hine.
    KimberlyRae

Answer by KimberlyRae at 12:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• It sounds like you have a bad chest cold. If you are having trouble breathing, seek medical attention. Otherwise, increase your fluid intake, get into a hot shower (as hot as you can stand) and let the steam help you break up the mucos in your chest.... that seemed to help me when I had a bad chest cold too. If these things dont help you within the first 24-48 hours, then call and set an appointment to be seen by a Doctor. Hope you feel better soon!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 9:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2008