Rioting idiots, not just an American phenomenon

Seen the Vancouver riots? The fire starts around a minute in. More popping up across the net as we go.  (for those not usually sports fans, yes, this is over losing the Stanley Cup)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't know people thought rioting was just an American thing, lol, seems kind of ignorant to think it is only Americans that riot.....
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'm Canadian.. how embarrassing. I wanted the Canucks to win too but man, that is crazy.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

•   

Oh I know... I was watching it live. They were classless inside too... booing and tossing stuff on the ice.
    Talk about sore losers & poor sportsmanship. Pathetic really!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• – collapse
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• People can be so classless sometimes. IT"S A GAME! It's not life or death! Why destroy something that doesn't belong to you over a GAME!
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I just watched a couple of the other videos and can't stop thinking...what if I was in one of the portilets (sp) that they were knocking over, what if that was my car, my business. Everything that I had worked for someone else was destroying just because they were mad about losing a stupid game. That's worst then someone breaking into a store and robbing it! At least the robbers were going to use what they stole. Riots are simply about destroying something that belongs to someone else because they're mad.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• LMAO... and the vote down would seem to indicate that some of that poor sportsmanship has carried into today, even here on CM!!! LOL

So true baconbits... it's just a game.... not worth wrecking something someone else worked so hard for... no matter where you live or who wins & looses! It's nuts.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• What makes you think that America is the only place there are riots? You must have been born yesterday. @@

Hrmmmmm~More of that minnesotaNOTSOnice??   I see... And you called others, "mean girls"..... Too funny. Hypocrite...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I have spent TOO much time in Canada.... Not impressed... My 6 year old was kissing the ground and blessing America when we entered Alaska... Speaks Volumes... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Ohh and kudos to the Bruins!!!! We are becoming Hockey fans.. Enjoyed cheering the Alaska Aces on winning the Kelly Cup... Great Sport! Congrats Bruins Fans!!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2011