Let it go?

Today, I was curious and logged onto my husbands old myspace account, and like his wife I started going through old messages.. And I found out what he was saying to other girls when we were together. How he wanted to be with them, and stuff like I wasnt his girlfriend just a good friend. Messages to girls that would have been enough to break up with him.
It just brings back old feelings of when he cheated on me.

When he did, I chose to stay...and sometimes I feel like that was the dumbest decision I ever made.
These messages were over a year old. 2009 old.
I understand that we were only dating at that time, but those messages hurt, and they burt bad. I don't know whether to let it go, or idk.

I just know that it hurts, because I was ALWAYS honest and up front with him. And even after he's cheated on me. Sometimes I believe he's changed, other times I just want to punish him for all the heart break he's caused me. Sorry doesnt cut it, and I dont know what will..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Went through the EXACT same thing with mine. And I have the exact same feelings. Sometimes I am okay with it and sometimes I just want him to hurt like I did.

Perhaps bring it up that you read what he wrote. See what he says. When I brought it up, I got a bunch of "I don't knows", which made me even more mad.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Thats what my husband says too. I dont know why I did it. I dont know... I dont know.. Dont they understand that this is pain that they were responsible for.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• its honestly up to you if you want to let it go and move on or live in the past!! if it was me he would have been gone when he cheated but honestly talking to women like that he might as well of cheated!!! i went through kind of the same thing we went to counseling because i wasnt willing to let things go but it helped and it takes time
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• IF you think its worth workin thru then try to put it behind ya.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 1:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• hmm that's why i don't hack his stuff
    let this one go and don't go onto his stuff next time
    did you trust him before seeing this stuff? if yes then keep trusting him
    if this was the cherry on top or something that broke the camels back then tell him what you saw and have a talk about it
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Go see a professional. My husband cheated on me once during our marriage of over 25 years and four children later. I forgave him and chose to stay with him. When I make a decision, I stay with it. I haven't forgotten, however, and don't think I ever will, but I refuse to dwell on the past; it only eats me up inside. I have a great psychologist who helps me put things in perspective. Don't keep things bottled up inside. Confront him and discuss the situation, but also consult a professional to know how to go about it so you can deal with the hurt.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2011