do you think that it is wrong to have a child at 15, even if you can handle it?

courtneysmith

Asked by courtneysmith at 6:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• There's a difference in being able to handle it and being ready. here's the questions that one needs to ask themselves. Do you have a house? A car? Are you financially stable enough to meet the needs of a new baby? Do you have insurance to pay for the pregnancy, birth and have insurance for the baby to go to the doctor?
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I think that even at 15 I was ready to look after the baby. I live with my boyfriend in a two bedroom flat and we've got everything we need. He works, but I'm still a student.
    courtneysmith

Answer by courtneysmith at 6:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• if you can handle it then there isnt anything wrong is there???????????????
    i think you are a great mummm :)
    & im tn jst sayin that cooz ur my best mate
    Chazzms

Answer by Chazzms at 6:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• aw thanks, and yeah that's why my child was named after you :)
    courtneysmith

Answer by courtneysmith at 6:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Honey I wouldn't wish being a teen mom on my worst enemy! It's the hardest job ever! I was 19 when I had my daughter and although I thought I was ready, I wasn't. :) I know 30 yrolds who thought they were ready and weren't. Kids have a way of doing that to ya! I'm now 27 and very happily married, my daughter is beautiful, smart and the very light of my life! If I can end up making a good life for her, I'm sure that anyone can do it if that put their mind to it! Aslong as you remember to always put your baby first, you'll be ok! Best of luck to you! And don't ever let anyone ever tell you that you can't do anything just cause you got a rocky start!
    Mrs.CavScout

Answer by Mrs.CavScout at 7:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes...you can't even drive...how will you get to doctors appointments? how will you go grocery shopping? what do you mean you can "handel it"? do you have a job? one with good health insurance? do you have a house?? your own car? do you have money to buy formula? diapers? bottles? wipes? clothes? furniture? if not....then NO you can not handle a baby....why would you want to? at 15? throw away the best years of your life for a baby that can wait? i just do ot get why people thing like this...

lovinmyseabee

Answer by lovinmyseabee at 8:04 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I truely believe that everyone underestimates what it takes to raise a child. Whether or not you have the means to support a child, what about the emotional needs of that child? Behavioral issues that come along with being a parent and young mother. You don't mind depending on the child's father? You're young and really should be enjoying this time in your life, not having babies. You only get to be 15 once. Don't rush parenthood.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:11 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i had my daughter oct 6th, i was 15 but my bday was the 16th. well i love being a mom and everybody compliments how well i do it. so yes. u can

SheciaBaby

Answer by SheciaBaby at 8:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I told my 15 year old that she was to young and that parenting is hard. There are wonderful things coming up in your teen years that you don't want to miss. She got pregnant at 16 and had my grandson at 17. At 18 she watched her friends graduate. She watched them go to grad nite. Sbe watched them be free to do what they wanted. She loves her son. But when a friend called and said your little boy is so cute. I want one too. She said no you don't/ Then theres no sleep for one year. Then there's no freedom to be a kid. Stay a kid as long as you can. Parenting is the hardest job in the world. Don't make it harder. Like doc who dismiss what you say because your a teen mother. Give yourself a chance to be a kid. Adult hood with all the problems comes soon enough. Be free while you can. Or talk to my daughter. She'll tell you her experiences.  Good luck.  May God be with You.

granmaw56

Answer by granmaw56 at 8:17 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• That's exactly the point...you CAN'T handle it...your brain is not fully developed until age 25, I believe...you THINK you can handle it, but are too immature to truly know what's involved...having a baby now would be selfish to the child...and if you think you can handle it...wait another 10 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2008