Would this fly at your church?

This isn't a parody. It's from a real congregation.  While I personally don't agree with the intended message, I'll give him serious credit for spreading it in a way that will get a reaction.  Could your pastor/priest/whatever do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d8fV7ONAxM

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL:) he found his own very unique way of reaching people..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 2:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i will listen in the morning
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 2:09 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The last church I was in was a very conservative Catholic one, so no... I don't I could see crusty old Fr. Rycowski spreading the message in that manner.

I think it was rather funny and he got his point across in a manner that those at the service will never forget.

On a side note, what don;t you agree with about the message? His tactic, or forgiving those who have wronged you?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:09 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I thought it was funny, unique, and unforgettable. I wish my church was like that. Like SleepingBeautee, I'm wondering what message you disagree with??
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I've posted this before, and it sums it up rather well.  Not trying to make the question about this, though.  Just thought the sermon was hysterical.  And I could see the priest I grew up with trying that.  I suspect there would've been several people who got up and walked out, but he had the personality for it.

NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• lol That would make my husband go to church a lot more!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yes- we attend church on a ski hill so yep- that would be just fine- as is an early morning coffee and Schnapps or a joint for those the have a MMJ license-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:45 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I laughed i liked it its been a while since i liked a sermon and wasn't bored.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 8:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Humor is approved at my church.

Members of the congregation take turns speaking over the pulpit, so it's never the same style of speaking...some are really funny, some are really deep, some bore me.

Cussing over the pulpit, however, would not be cool.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 9:09 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Hmmmm...I can't picture the veeeeeeeeeeeeeery proper British minister at our UUF being able to pull that off--humor, yes...but his is more of a dry wit. The message in general, or the delivery...I can't see it being a problem from someone else.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 9:28 AM on Jun. 16, 2011