Need advice about my 3yr old behavior after newborn?

about amonth before my daughter was born my son started to act up, and when she was born just totaly lost it and went really bad he was learning to use the potty than reverted back to pamper saying he is a baby steals her blankets bottles pacifers we even caught him drinking her bottle with formula in it. He refuses to eat until we feed him when he would eat on his own, he takes of running when we are in a public place, isnt even scared, he talks back to us, and we try to talk and explain to him the situation, but its like it doesnt enter his head he dumped out all her can of formula in her bassinet and used a bathroom shower cleaner the arm and hammer one as water and opened it and poured it in her bassinet as well and tried mixing it thank god my daughter wasnt in it, any advice or help would greatly be appreciated.

Snavarro08

Asked by Snavarro08 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• My son did that kind of stuff, too. I made sure to make extra time just for him. They get so use to not having to share you and then all of a sudden they don't have a choice. Take the new baby to grandma's house once or twice a week and spend time with just your son. That's what worked for us.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 2:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• He needs to know that he isnt being replaced. Spend special time with him one on one. Let him be the BIG brother and help do things for the baby.
    cluemein

Answer by cluemein at 2:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• What your son is doing is EXTREMELY normal. He is regressing because of the stress of a new person taking a lot of Mommy's attention. Let him revert. Don't push the potty training for a while. Feed him. Try to make a special little time for him and sing to him or read him stories as if he were a little baby. The more you push him to be more grown-up, the worse it will be. Someone told me once that bringing in a new baby is kind of like having your husband bring in a hot 19 yr old and asking if you minded her staying with you guys from here on out. He is feeling jealous, displaced, and scared that all the good times are over for him. Love him and let him come around in his own time.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 4:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2011