Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Ok, really need quick legal advice, very short question!

I live in israel, and my 2 daughters (baby and toddler) and i have american passports, my husband doesnt. he lives here. i'm taking them on vacation to america, do i need a parent consent form from their father?? some said i do, i dont want any problems on this trip.

Answer Question

Asked by fefe87 at 2:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Travel

Level 16 (2,737 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • if they have passports, than no. but to be sure ask a travel agent

    Answer by leksismommy at 2:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • I would bring one anyway. I am not sure of the answer, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • I would say yes, I had to have consent to take our dd across the boarder to Canada.

    Answer by Noosa at 2:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • Will the father give you permission?

    Answer by tootoobusy at 2:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • I don:t know but i am glad you are coming to America!

    Answer by Sarah961 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • If your DH is their father, then you don't need one...If he isn't, then you will need one.

    Answer by laird6372 at 2:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • thanks ladies, but i think i should ask a travel agent. yes i'm still married to their father and everything's cool and he knows i'm going and coming back. just wanted to be sure, i hate when there are things i have undone. i want to make sure my to do list is checked off.

    Comment by fefe87 (original poster) at 3:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • It also depends on what kinda child cusody u have. Here in the states, u may have to show original or copy of the child's birth certificate. Also, if u not have sole custody and since u want to come here, u will need one of those nortarized paper things, and show that to who ever u need to saying basically u have the dad's permission to leave the country. U will need to provide details about your trip as much as possible. Or u have sole cusody, u will need to provide proof from the courts that u do have sole cusody, and there are not any travel restrictions. Also, u will need to go to a tourists station or something and see what kinda paperwork the US, may/or not need.
    My family was in the military, and my uncle had a very nasty divorce while he was stationed in Germany. But all laws are different in every country, so u might want to make sure what the laws are there in the country u live in.

    Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 4:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • Opps!! Nevermind! lol I just read what u posted

    Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 4:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • No, since you needed his permission to obtain the US passports in the first place you can travel in and out of the country (USA) with your children. Now as far as leaving Israel if your kids are dual citizens you may need to have them exit Israel and enter Israel using their Israeli passport. Depending on the laws in place in Israel you may need a notorized permission for them to exit the country. Check your local laws (your travel agent should know) and your should be good to go.

    I do this all the time with my boys (Dual citizens of the USA and Tunisia).

    Answer by HeatUSA-Tunisia at 11:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.