My step sons friends were parking in the driveway. When I asked him one day to please have his friends park on the street so I could leave his friend got offended. I didnt think I was rude. Are kids just not that observant or am I asking to much?

cluemein

Asked by cluemein at 2:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• No youre not asking too much.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I once told one of my son's friends that they could not park their Mustank in my driveway as I am a Camaro driver. He got offended but my son and the other kids laughed..no you were not rude, you pay the ills
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• If you needed to get out, how could that be asking too much? Often teenagers have attitude. Why? Many reasons, self-esteem, experience, ..... As the adult you could address this. In a nonconffonting manner.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Some kids are nonobservant others are more than adults.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My step son told his dad it was the way I delivered the message. ??? I thought I handled it better then what he perceived. Sometimes I think that if I talked to him with rainbows an fluffy clouds coming out of my mouth it wouldnt matter.
    cluemein

Comment by cluemein (original poster) at 2:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• You were not asking too much unless you were been ridiculous like some people! "You can't park your Ford here cuz I like Chevy better!!" WTH?!

eye rolling

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• lol I wasnt doing that. Just wanted to leave
    cluemein

Comment by cluemein (original poster) at 3:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I they block your way, of course it is right to tell them to move their car elsewhere.

Answer by older at 8:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• hey Anon...you cant park your car in my drive way at all, lol...my driveway, I pay the bills, my rules... I'll bet you drive a Mustank too, rotflmfao!!!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• think about getting with your hubby and ask him to talk to his son, you guys need to be on the same page with this situation. let him know that his friends aren't allowed to disrespect you... can he go to their house and disrespect his friends' mom?
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 10:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2011