Not sure exactly what I'm feeling...

I'm 35 weeks. I can't get comfortable, and I've been getting these cramps kind of in my abdomen. It just lasts a few seconds and then goes away for awhile. I've had like 3 or 4 happen today. Braxton hicks maybe?

I also think I lost bits of my mucus plug too.

Is this kind of what labor feels like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I started loosing a lot of mucus in the morning i did not go into labor until about 3:30pm that day
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 2:31 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• These can be signs of stress, dehydration, premature, or term labor, braxton hicks, nesting, etc. (several of those are just normal body preparations). Could be just normal stuff...

Best to make sure you are nourished, hydrated, rested, happy, calm, and then try a bath, walking, etc.
    If things aren't slowing after several hours (or are progressing) then it could be labor / worth calling in.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yeah, I agree with doulala.... I was just thinking have you tried drinking a big glass of water?? If they only lasts a few seconds and only a few times a day, it's probably Braxton hicks(sp?) or your body "getting ready".. Another thing to remember (what my OB told me) you can lose your mucus plug weeks before the baby is born. It can also kinda "grow" back. I lost mine 3 weeks before her birth, and I am 100% sure it was my mucus plug.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 3:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2011