Our trip was moved! Now what to pack??

Thru Make A Wish my son was granted a trip to Disney,Fla. We had planned on going late July/early aug but the reps said the weather was very hot and hurricane season was starting. In my sons best interest they postponed the trip to oct,which is fine we will be there for his 16th b-day. Coming from Ohio this is jeans and sweater weather,what to pack for this time of year in Fla?

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 4:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Travel

• I would pack my summer clothes. Shorts, loose shirts, and light jackets. It will still be warm, you would hate July/august honey! The humidity is terrible, and the storms are scary! Even if it rains it will be warm, so no worry about that! They have light vinyl slickers available to buy in the park if it does start, but it never lasts long! Have fun! And tell your son Happy Birthday for us!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 4:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Summer clothes + light jackets if ever it gets cool ... and enjoyyy
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 6:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree. October is a much better month to go to Orlando. It is so hot in the summer. Also, Magic Kingdom has a great Halloween party in Sept and Oct every year. Everyone dresses in costumes & goes trick or treating throughout the park. It's a separate ticket event, but it is so much fun! It's called Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. There is info on the Disney website if you want more details. Just click on parks, then Magic Kingdom, then events and you'll see it.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It is still warm there in October. Be prepared to buy a lot of bottled water. I, personally, can't stand the flavor of sulfur water. It is what you will shower in and what comes out of the drinking fountains. As a last resort, put ice in your cup with the water. It will change the flavor of the tap water. I don't mean to scare you. I just want you to know that the hurricane season lasts until November. There are many things to see and do there in the Kissemie/Orlando area.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2011