What is your favorite Bible study?

I am doing Beth Moore's Revelation,just started,I also enjoy reading the Bible on my own and journaling my thoughts.

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 4:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a fan of Beth Moore's Bible studies because (a) I like all of the background research and depth in it (b) I like the "homework"; it's not just "here's what I think" it's more like "go study this, and let's compare notes" (c) I enjoy the "teaching" videos, too; I just want to go have coffee with her!

My favorite studies - Moore's or otherwise - are Old Testament studies. I think it is fascinating to see how Christ fulfilled not just prophecies, but other elements of the OT, and God's provision and faithfulness to Israel.

My two favorite Beth Moore studies so far are Esther and A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place (a study of the Tabernacle).

If you like Beth Moore and Old Testament, you should check out Debbie Pyle's study "The Lord's Feasts: A Study of How the Old Testament Feasts Find Their Fulfillment in Jesus Christ" Fantastic!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 8:59 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I also did the the Beth Moore that you refered to. I love the videos,her energy ,her use of words,I could just hug her.. Thanks for the new idea,
    RobinChristine

Comment by RobinChristine (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'm currently doing a Beth Moore study on the life of Paul--quite interesting.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 5:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Maheny
    Because He Love Me by Elise Fitzpatrick
    Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby

Currently reading Christ Formed In You by Brian G Hedges
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 7:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i dont have a favorite bible study i just read my bible as is or i will study my sunday school book
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'm a fan of just studying the Bible from the Bible.
    quinnmommy

Answer by quinnmommy at 1:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My favorite way is to teach Sunday School or a children's group. They always have a new perspective, and ask questions that make me really think about the subject. I think their goal is to ask a question that I can't answer. (Sometimes they do, and we look it up in the Bible, or I tell them I will find out and answer next week.) It is fun, they learn about the Bible and I learn a lot !
    Kay000

Answer by Kay000 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2011