Could you?

Look past infidelities if you were financially secure, knew that your bills were paid, your children were cared for & you had an agreement that would give you millions if your husband should ever choose to divorce you? I have been married for 32 years and I believe that it is way more important to be secure and stable financially than to worry about all the love and roses. I don't care what my husband does as long as I can live in a very well accustomed life style and the majority of my friends feel the same way. I'd rather be happy and rich than depressed and poor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• People make many choices in life. If you chose to overlook your husband's flings, that's your choice.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 4:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• NO! I tried it and ended up with HPV that turned to cervical cancer. If he can't be faithful I can't be with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Wow, well, that is very bold of you to say! We are not rich by any means, we are stable but I THINK (obviously I don't know till it actually happens) I would give my husband a second chance. But, no matter if we were rich or poor, if he continues to cheat on me I would be out!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 4:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• this is a really interesting question. i got married for love. i'm not a kept woman. for richer and poorer, and all that. but to each their own, and i can't really judge another relationship based on my own.
    frankly i always thought if i couldn't find love, i'd just find some rich dude lol. but i would worry about diseases he would bring back, if he were sleeping around. that would be my caution. marriage is sacred to me, but to others, it's just a legal document.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 5:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Just a question? Are you still intimate with your husband. And if so, would you change your mind about not caring if he infected you with something?
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 5:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I couldn't be intimate with anyone tthat has others regardless of the financial picture. You can't think much of yourself if you're willing to have half of what you could have. There is nothing like being in a committed relationship. Someone that shares their life with you, their emotions, their passions, sins, and delights. I believe as we get older the joy in this gets even better.
    Also, what makes you think one day he may find another woman that was just an affair and decide he wants that bond with her. You could easily lose that financial comfort you treasure.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 6:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• it's a choice !!! up to you i think !!! i dont know how you determinate the meaning of ''HAPPY'' here ..... you probably live well and caried or even rich but never happy .... hapy hs amny sens !!! freedom ... is a happiness as well
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 6:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• At one time, I would have answered no. However, since my husband did cheat on me once, my priorities are different. I've forgiven him, but I could never forget. And if he ever does it again, he's out on his ass, but with no divorce. He'd have to support me for the rest of his life. So, in answer to your question, if I was financially secure, I'd have to agree with you.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would try to forgive one infidelity. Marriage is a commitment for life, and so if he cheated once, I would attempt to forgive it in order to live up to my end of that commitment. I could not forgive multiple infidelities. And regardless of how much money he/we had, I could never be happy if I knew he were cheating on me. I'd be happier single, with less money, knowing that I wasn't with a man who had so little respect for me that he could sleep with another woman.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I too am in the same boat as you, except that the money isn't nearly that good. I know what is going on and I do not have relations with him. He also works OTR so he is not here and does what he wants when he wants. When he is here, he locks himself in the bedroom or bathroom with his laptop. I finally decided it's better to be stable for my children. The only problem I have is that men think that just because I am here alone, I am "lonely" and those that know what is going on think that I should do the same. I feel that I took those vows, he can break them but I'm not going to. I'm glad I'm not in the boat alone. I thought I was the only one out there that just put up with it for stability.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2011