Sometimes I feel that..

I'm just getting abused for the fact I have a child, and yet I'm christian. Yes, I had a child before marriage, but I also don't like the idea of abortions. I've confessed for my sins, but I still get so much said to me about it. I know I should just ignore it, but I don't know what to do.

courtneysmith

Asked by courtneysmith at 6:56 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• First of all having a child before you are married is no longer a big deal and if someone wants to bash you for it I would tell them to mind their own business and if it's people in your church then I would find another church.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It's not people in my church really, a couple of them have mentioned it but they know that I'd refuse to have an abortion, and they know how much I love God. It's just a few other people like from other churches that I've met, and a couple of my family.
    courtneysmith

Answer by courtneysmith at 7:01 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I know how you feel. I had 2 out of wedlock and felt so pressured, I married the guy I was with b/4 conceiving my 3rd and well, the marriage wreaked havoc on my childrens' and my lives. He beat me every day that ended in "y" and AFTER I divorced him, raped me in front of my kids. I am now discovering through counseling that he also molested all 3 of my children. Don't feel bad. God loves you and doesn't even remember your sin. Once you repent, He removes it as far as the east is from the west and throws it in the deepest sea. Enjoy your baby - God created him, and enjoy your walk with God. God bless you!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• As long as God has forgiven you. that is all that really matters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I'm not a christian, so my answer doesn't really pertain to your particular religion, but to me if you are ok with yourself, and your actions of the past, then what other people think shouldn't matter. You can hold your head up high and say yes, I made mistakes, but I am living the life I was meant to live by the choices I have made, and who gives them any right to say that you're wrong. If you are at peace with your own life, the opinions of others don't really matter.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My aunts treat unwed mothers poorly and it makes me sad. When I was younger, I was an unwed mother myself. I feel like, yes, I was wrong for having sex outside of marriage. But, I got pregnant and I took care of the baby. I had her and raised her right! I don't know what they expect. If I would have gotten an abortion, wouldn't that be worse than raising her own my own?
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• if they can't accept you for your sin then their sin won't be forgiven. also if they are prefect in not sinning let them cast the first stone. just remember if you repented that he lord sees no more sin and your sin is white as snowed. meaning it is no longer there. it's great you didn't abort your baby. i bet these judgmental people also have a family or a close friend that has been through this.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I am not a Christian, but I have known several "christians" who would judge unwed mothers quite harshly...until one of their family became one.

If you want to get snarky with people then casually mention that you have something in common with Sarah Palin's daughter (a Christian) who became pregnant out of wed lock.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 1:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• When people say nasty things just remember if God didnt want you to have that baby you wouldn't have :) and remember the scripture about the man who could not take the speck out of his brothers eye because of the log in his own. Generally when people feel the need to point out spiritual mistakes you have made it is because they are insecure about their own spirituality and the type of life they are living and how it lines up with the scripture. God loves you and He loves your child and it breaks his heart when people try to make you feel bad for a sin He has already forgotten. :)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• as a christian, you live for God, not humans. if you have repented, and received forgiveness from God, then no one else matters. humans will always judge other humans..a lot of the time its because they fear they are capable of the same 'negative', or want to think they are above others. sin is no different, and all of us do it. all of us can receive forgiveness..we don't seek forgiveness from others for sins committed against God's will. you are fine, lady. don't let other's opinions of you cause you to question your own relationship w/ God. also, i agree with the other post..if God didn't want you to have had this baby, He wouldn't have allowed it to happen. we choose our own paths, whether they are right or wrong..He gives us free will to do so. when we choose wrong, He allows forgiveness, which you have already received. live free of that baggage!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 2:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2008