What can i do with the acid refluxes of my daughter, 5 years old?

she eats very light at night, not after 18.00 hours.

kea1313

Asked by kea1313 at 6:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Make sure you talk to your pediatrician about it. Have her eat small freguent meals and you might want to google reflux causes or something similar so she can avoid certain foods.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• In kids that young it could be caused by a hernia. Take her to the doctor.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Take her to a Gastroenterologist specialist. They will run a series of laboratory tests including vitamin deficiency, possible virus or bacterial condition, et. While getting the test results the doctor might precribed an OTC anti-acid and will probably ask you to keep your daughter away from fried foods, citrus foods, etc. The PP is right the doctor will also tell you to give dd small frequent meals. Another thing that doctors talk about is stress and how can provoke acid reflux but this is in the case of adults. Children are supposed to not have stress.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 7:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Stress can cause acid reflux in kids. My son had it because there were stress triggers in his life which we had to work on eliminating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My son is 7 and has acid reflux. The doc gave him prevacid to take on a daily basis. It's OTC.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 7:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• try to figure out what triggers her reflux, my ds trigger is milk. he can have yogurt and stuff like that with no problem but milk makes him spit up. talk to her pedi because it can effect her essafuagus(sp) if she is actually spitting up from her reflux. it can also effect the lining of her tummy. Good luck!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• find her triggers
    have an U/S to check for hernias

medications work but the risks of acid reducing meds in children is quite high-- find the cause and fix it instead if you dr is giving you the another dr
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My son's GI told me to not feed him very acidic foods and he's also on Prilosec and Reglan daily. There's talk of a Nissan being done to help with his reflux, he's had all his teeth capped due to the acid eating away at his enamel.
    Jenniy

Answer by Jenniy at 8:03 AM on Jul. 7, 2011