Will my daughter veiw my bf as dad when she gets older?

im not with my daughters father. hes a poor excuse for a "dad" and really never sees her, and when he does he only stay a short time and really doesnt take care of her or hold her or bond with her in anyway. shes 6 weeks old. my and my bf now have been together for a few months and things are pretty serious and hes an amazing guy and has a four year old son. ive never had him help me with my daughter, although he has offered his help on many occasions, but he does talk to her and we all do spend time together. is she going to look at him as a father figure one day? or since she has a "dad" will that not happen? im not saying i want it to go in either direction and i wouldnt tell her my bf is her father or anything like that but i was just wondering what to expect

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 6:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• probably yes !! why not ..... well i know some child who never concider the fb as dad cause they'r concuouse of situation .... but they concider them like protector or angel .. don't influence her on that .. leave her by her own and see later .. gd luck !
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 6:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• no id never influence her id let her make her own decision. either way honestly hed be more of a dad than her biological one so all i need to know is she has plenty of people that love her dearly and ill always make sure shes happy! :)
    xunlucxyx0

Comment by xunlucxyx0 (original poster) at 6:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• that's the most important thing ;) if she's beloved and well treated thn the rest is just like some accesories ...
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 6:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• she probably will. it just depends who is there for her the most. try not to stress mama, it will all work out.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Your right in letting her make her own choice.... and she absolutly could look at him like a father. But all children are different and make different decisions for different reasond like adults do. Dont push her to look at him any way, let them make their own relationship.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:49 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• She will make her own decisions. And I am not saying you are because I don't know you... But please don't be one of those moms that has a new boyfriend every few months and the new boyfriend is always the new dad. I am in no way implying that you're that mom... Just was my first thought when I read you've been dating a few months and are already asking this question.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 7:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2011