When would/did you renew your vows?

When would/did you renew your vows? Was it (our would it be) a big affair or just a small one?

I want to renew our vows, maybe on our 5 year anniversary, with all of our kids present. I just want something small, maybe in a park, either just us and the kids or our family and our parents. It wouldn't be anything extravegant or expensive (four kids, you can't really spend much!), just something for us to renew our marriage vows and include all of our children (one from a previous marriage, and three together)...We'd also do a honeymoon afterwards, as we didn't get to do one after our wedding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Married 46 1/2 years and are still going on the original vows and still have not had a honeymoon either!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Good question, I'm thinking, maybe 20th Anniversary. My children will be grown, I think that would be a good time for them because they would be old enough to understand and maybe considering making the commitment to someone themselves and it would be a good time for us because we would be finding ourselves again with the children grown up and out of the house and not need a babysitter for the kids for a honeymoon.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well we had a JP wedding when we got married....we are military and I had orders...had to be done that day.... So we got married and then a year and a half later we renewed our vows with family and friends at Christmas in a small ceremony in my cousin's living room. It was nice.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Married 26 years here and I will not renew vows ... I don't believe in it since it seems to negate having taken them in the first place, like the first time didn't count. We MEANT what we said the FIRST time ... no need for a "do over".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• We are planning to re-new our vows for our 25th in 2 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:31 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• We have been married for 16 years and are still using the same vows we took way back then (they don't wear out). We didn't have a honeymoon either, in fact the house we bought as a starter home had a fire and was getting remodeled so our "honeymoon" night was spent in my inlaws back bedroom.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I think 10 years
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Hub and I will be married 20 years in Nov. He have NO desire to renew our vows. We had a great wedding, don't want to do that again lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• We plan to renew our vows, and do a "family vow" for our 10th anni. Which will be in 2016.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• we are planning to renew ours at our 15th anniversary (been planning it for years now).
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2011