BREAKS SLAMMED ON BIG 3 AUTO BAIL OUT!!

What do you think??

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 7:19 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Which was the whole reason for my question:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/82322/Whens_my_turn?cat_id=12

That I haven't closed yet, if anyone wants to comment on......
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• well i really wasnt' for the bailout i was hoping they would find another way. but my hubby is in the car industry and we just found out if they can't figure something out the dealership where he works will be one of the first ones to close. and he will be out of a job. i'm kinda worried
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I'm glad it wasn't approved. They need to stop flying in personal jets and taking outrageous bonuses. They cut out all the bs they are doing and they won't have a problem.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I, too, am glad it was approved. Now, I just heard that the soap opera industry is looking for its handout. WHEN WILL IT STOP?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• From what I read, it's because the UAW refused to cut wages and pensions to match those earned at plants owned by foreign companies like Toyata and Nissan. They must have figured the government would cave rather than let the Big 3 go down. Sometimes I wonder what unions are thinking - is no wages really better than lower wages?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• stupid stupid union workers. They think by not budging on their exorbitant wages and insurance that they will win this....nope. Aint gonna happen. To get the gov't to help them, they are going to have to compromise. Its either lower wages and maybe paying a little bit for their insurance (which most of us have to do) or no jobs at all. The companies will go under. Even if they restructure under bankrupcty protection, they will still be cutting jobs. Just me, but I think I would rather compromise for something more reasonable than lose my job altogether. This is not one of their common everyday strikes outside of the coporate offices. This is serious and they obviously don't realize that. I think this particular union as well as some other ones have out lived their usefulness. I say get a non union co to come in and do their job if they won't compromise.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:56 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• ahh your both wrong. As much fun as you two seem to have blaming the unions it ain't them. Its because some in congress tacked on higher earnings for life for federal judges, thats what brought this down. Oh yeah and if you think blaming union workers is the way to go wait and see what its like out there in the workforce without unions. You can kiss your health insurance and many other job perks goodbye.
    Lybbie

Answer by Lybbie at 9:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• who ever said they were glad that it was'nt approved will probbly eat there words in a couple months b/c these lil car dealerships in your community will go out of bussiness if they have'nt allready and they fuel a lot of stuff for the small towns (communitys)so hold girls it's about to get bumpy-er than it already is~~~~~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i do agree they do need to cut spending/salarys and they should have approched the gov and the american public at a better angle if they were broker than broke maybe taking the jet was'nt a good thing
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• The UAW President was seen on air being pompous and short about the union having to do much to change. He Said he would consider changes to its labor contracts.... WTF? CONSIDER?!?! His arrogance is amazing. He is lucky to have a job, as are most UAW workers. And he willing to CONSIDER changes? Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., asked Gettelfinger why the UAW didn't put the voluntary employee benefit association, or VEBA, in place now, rather than on Jan. 1, 2010. The VEBA would save the automakers billions a yr in retiree health costs. Gettelfinger: "We have to set up a complete structure," he said, which is large and complicated. "So it's just the magnitude. We are on a push now." WTF? Wasn't there a "PUSH" a year ago when GM closed 5 plants? And Ford was announcing closures ahead?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2008