Why am I feeling this way?????

I am 28 weeks pregnant and have been pretty happy the whole time. Yesturday i started crying and thinking I can't do this and I don't want to do this again! This was a surprise pregnancy! I am having all these fears about starting over and my life being over. I have a 5 year old that will start kindergarten right before the baby is due. I was going to have it made! And my 5 year old is driving me crazy and she usually doesn't. She is crying at the drop of a hat and she is just starting to be so loud and obnoxious! How do I get passed this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• is not you who bring that mood to her ? try to understand her she still a bb too .... she probably just need momy attention a bit more .. dzn't she look an Angel when she's sleepin hein !!!! and of ur new bb ... dont think abt what would happen from now ..and think positive ... take negatif energy away from home hunn ;) once u'll have in ur ams everything gonna change im sure ......
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 8:31 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It's natural to feel like 'wow can I do this?' but you CAN! With your daughter, she's probably confused, and feeling like she'll be pushed out when the lil baby arrives, she's had 5 years of being the only child, and now her whole world is changing, it's different and scary for her, take time out just the two of you, and explain that having a new baby is a good thing, because it really is!!!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 8:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It's ok. First find a way to relax. Take a deep breath. Put on a nice movie to entertain your daughter and you sit down and relax. If possible get her in some type of summer activity with other kids, that way by time she gets home her energy was used playing and being active and she'll be tired and ready for bed. As for you, I'm pretty sure the crying and feeling like you can't do this part is normal. Your pregnant love and it's ok and perfectly normal. Just relax in 2 months you'll have a beautiful baby and a beautiful daughter starting school. Be blessed. Our Heavenly Father loves you, Jesus loves you, and I do too.

jenkinswife2011

Answer by jenkinswife2011 at 8:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It's OK. Everybody goes through that, usually around 3rd tri, it gets close, seems real... The "can I do this?" the "can I afford this?" the "how can I love 2?"s. All of them. Don't feel guilty! Just let it roll off you. If you are religious, you can say it is God's plan. If you're not, you can say it's just a normal biological reaction to make you get ready for the baby. Maybe make some lists and plans for the next few years? Think how you think the baby will fit into your family, the things you CAN do together, how you'll handle day care or your schedule if you're at home... maybe you'll feel more in control.

Your 5 year old. All kids worry about babies. From the time they can see the bump, to the time they're used to the baby around 6-12 months. Spend extra time together. PP's idea of getting her lots of exercise is good. It is normal, will drive you nuts for about a year with extra misbehaviour, but will pass.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I think for your 5 year old she might be acting up because it is getting closer and closer for the baby to come. She is probably striving for attention. When my son was first going through the terrible two's I had a speech therapist tell me to just ignore him. Do not acknowledge that she is throwing a fit. They will not last as long and will stop when she does not get the attention that she is looking for. This might actually get worse once the baby is born. I would maybe make a special day just for her. She is used to getting all of your attention in the first place and now she won't be.
    As far as your mood I feel that a lot of pregnant women go through tons of emotions and feelings. I would try to be optimistic as much as possible. Think about how your life is going to change but in a positive way. Think about all the joy this new life is going to bring into your life. Things like that.

Good luck and Congrats!
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I know exactly how you feel. My daughter is 4 and I'm 35 weeks pregnant. The last few months she has been acting clingy and she drives me crazy more than usual. What I do is try to make feel excited about things coming in the future. Like she starts school in August and how great being a big sister will be, how she'll get to help after the baby is here. I also make time for the 2 of us to do something together. And I explain to her when I am feeling really bad and that we can watch a movie instead of playing. This seems to help. There was also a point when I felt like I cant take care of 2 kids the same and love them both the same. I still feel this way sometimes but my husband is great and he tells me that everything will ok and it will all work out.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2011